Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Morning Rush

Being a SAHM is a job. I wake up get dressed just like everyone else who goes to work. The only difference is as soon as I step out of my bedroom my day has begun. First I go straight across the hall where I get Tyler out of his room for the day. He then runs and gets his little brother Jordan. Then its off for diaper changes. Soon after I'm in the kitchen making breakfast. I get to drink my coffee while the boys are sitting down eating breakfast. Then the rest of the day consists of following them around cleaning up after them. Sometimes I feel like a broken record "no Tyler", "no Jordan". You think by now they would get that they are not allowed to climb the fireplace or the counter tops, to stay away from the dishwasher, don't climb behind the washer and dryer. Yes my boys do all of that and even more. I sometimes think their goal in life is to drive me crazy. But as soon as I see their smile or hear their giggle I cant help but smile back and give them hugs and kisses. How can I not?

2 comments:

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Ugh! Not starting this out very good. LOL! I misspelled yor name on accident and could not leave it that way! LOL

I so know how you feel. You are a WONDERFUL mama, Colleen! Those boys are so lucky to have you!

MommyOfThree said...

You are such a wonderful mama!!