Friday, April 27, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

So this morning I took Tyler for his hearing test. He passed, but I'm not so sure I would have. Maybe its just getting over a cold but I'm not too sure I heard all the sounds coming from my right side. I have always had ear infections when I was a kid in fact I still get them as an adult more then I should. My right ear feels clogged lately since getting sick. (You know the feeling you get when on a plane). I have never had tubes in my ears b/c my mom did not see much point in it since my Uncle had tubes and still had many ear infections. Ear infections in my family is scary. My uncle Tommy passed away at the age of 29 due to Spinal Meningitis that was brought on by an ear infection that did not go away. So as you can see there is a very good reason to be paranoid. But living here in a small town in a new place I hate going to the Dr. Its not the Dr that I grew up with. He knows nothing about my history. I feel like I'm crying wolf all the time if I'm continuously going in for one reason or another. But I am a walking health hazard. I always joke about being a crack baby since something is always wrong with me. Well after Tyler's test I called my mom and joked that maybe something was wrong with my hearing. She then went on to say that she has had hearing problems (which I knew about) but the Dr's have told her that her hearing problems are hereditary. So maybe something is wrong with my hearing. Maybe I'm not paranoid. But if it is the same thing as my mom then that is just one more thing to add to my list of health issues. HMMM maybe I should interrogate my mom about this crack baby thing. (no that is a joke I know my mom didn't do any drugs when she was pregnant) She didn't ever even smoke or drink, which is more then I can say about my dad. But I do think its time I call the Dr and get my ear checked out before I cause any damage.

2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Please do have your doctor check your ears! You never know - it can't hurt to have them checked, particularly if there is a family history there . . . *hugs*

Corey~living and loving said...

If i lived closer, I'd test your ears for you! I used to do it all the time at work. I gave it up when I cut my hours back when I had Makenna. I test my brother, dad, mom, grandma and DH. my brother and Dh had the worst hearing. They both work around loud machinery and shoot guns a lot. They should have protected their ears.
I hope you do get it checked. but wait until your cold is over, or you might just have to do it again.
I am glad Tyler pasted though! :)