Sunday, September 2, 2007

They're BAAAAACK

What is back you may be asking... My panic attacks. I'm not sure why though. Last night I was cooking dinner and I started to have trouble breathing and felt as though something was pushing on my chest and a shock of electricity was shooting through my body. That episode only last a short while but after the boys went to bed I had another one, I woke twice in the night and this morning was woken by a BIG one. I couldn't breathe I was shaking, and crying I had hot and cold flashes. It lasted for 5 mins and then it was gone. I have no idea what has started these up again. I have been doing such a great job keeping them under control. The only thing that is changing is my baby is going off to school on Thursday. Thats right Tyler starts school. The only stress in my life right now is that I have my trip to Cleavland to see my Dr in two weeks. I guess that could be it.
Here is a little back round on that for those that don't know. My Chrones has been flaring up and I had a colonoscopy here. The Dr felt I needed surgery. I started back on Remicade and waited it out. I have been feeling great since starting the Remicade so I decided to call my Dr in Atlanta to see if he suggests going through with the surgery or coming there to see him. To my surprise he said go see my Dr in Cleavland for the second opinion. So I have it scheduled. The weekend of 14-17th Im taking the boys with my mom and going to see her family in PA. While Im there we are going to take a trip to the drs and see what he suggests. If surgery is needed my stay will be extended my sister will fly out along with Mark if he is needed to watch the boys. Im really thinking its not going to be needed though. Like I said I have felt great.
But if I cant get rid of these panic attacks it could quiet possibly cause a flare up.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry Colleen! :( I've dealt with panic attacks too, and I know how frustrating it can be. I hope the next few weeks of events can pass by without incident for you, and that you don't have to experience more of these! *hugs*

Corey~living and loving said...

Holy cow colleen...that sounds horrible. I hope the attacks go away.
You have so much coming up...and you really don't need those darn things making things stressful.
hugs!